Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Beads and Kids 2

It is interesting taking kids shopping to buy beads. My daughter is very girly and as expected goes for the "girl" colors and sparkle. My son, on the other hand.... He actually has a very good eye for color and design. And he has expensive taste in Beads! When he is designing something, it has to be perfect - so he must have exactly "This" bead. After this project I had to impose a spending limit on his beads.


The blue and yellow beads are "perfect" for his necklace, but also the most expensive part! I was lucky in that the store was having a "sale" but this was the High-End bead store in town.

When taking your kids to shop for beads, you can really see their personalities. My son tends to show his team spirit (see above: Go Michigan!) but is also very bold and adventurous in his color and pattern choices.

Give your kids the chance to explore their creativity. You can do it inexpensivly by going to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and getting one of their big buckets of plastic beads (even cheaper if you use one of the store coupons) or even just letting them choose some of the current sale items. You can string on Yarn, dental floss or any of the Bead stringing choices. This is a great activity to promote fine motor skills as well.

Be creative and let the kids show you what they can do!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! such a talented family. I just took my oldest to Joann's with me. She got to looking in the bead section and I let her pick out some things to make. I'm going to show her how to do it and she's doing the rest. I can't wait to see the smile on her face when she finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best time was when I went out.... then came home to a finished project on the bead board, all it needed was a clasp. It was beautiful and walked away with someone very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We at JUMAN Beads & pearls are into manufacturing and exporting plastic and acrylic beads and pearls.
    We request you to visit our site http://www.juman.co.in and see our product.
    If you are interested in any of our product please send us product name, product code and required quantity for order.

    For any query feel free to contact us !

    ReplyDelete